You may have a case where an animal has a behaviour issue/s alongside significant underlying medical issues or considerations present that also need to be considered. An online discussion with our DVBP Veterinary Behaviourist will help with such complex cases.
We review the case information which you send in advance and through an online discussion of the case (or a regular catch-up to discuss multiple cases) we are able to offer practical advice and guidance on how to treat or manage an animal's behavioural needs and advise on the appropriate psychopharmacy and care while considering any other underlying medical conditions that may be present.
During a behaviour consultation we can:
- help diagnose and treat conditions that may impact behaviour
- advise on how to handle a specific case and this includes cases where their behaviour impacts how treatment is applied or the success of the treatment for another medical issue
- advise when and how to use short and long-term psychoactive medication
This is a one hour online discussion between an animal professional and a DVBP veterinary behaviourist. In some cases, the owner's presence can help gain a full understanding of the behavioural issues - this is completely up to you and the owners.
- Duration: 1 hour. Please be aware that the more attendees, the increased likelihood for the consultation to overrun.
- Format: Online discussion.
- A bespoke professional veterinary report can be provided for an additional charge following the consultation, if requested.
- If deemed necessary, the veterinary beahviourist may also discuss the case with our in-house internal medicine specialist.
- If the appointment is complex and requires extended discussion causing the appointment to overrun the additional time would be chargeable.
You can either get in touch by providing basic information including the name, age, breed and gender of the animal and a brief summary of the case; or, kick-start the process by completing our Questionnaire for Behaviour Advice
We consider the information you provide and contact you with the cost. On receipt of payment we send you a scheduling link to book with your selected team member. Find out more about the team.